Goals and Objectives
- Keep our most important asset, our people, safe.
- Empowering employees to meet their division goals and objectives
- To provide an environment conducive to learning where employees want to train.
The Rhea County Sheriff’s Department Training Division is responsible for:
- Developing a 40 hour annual In-Service which maintains the certification of each officer as specified and required by the Tennessee P.O.S.T. Commission.
- Scheduling various schools to be conducted by the Rhea County Sheriff’s Department.
- Making travel arrangements for officers attending out of town and state specialized schools.
- Issuing equipment required for officers to perform their jobs effectively.
- Insuring state standards and qualifications are met for each officer.
- Staying knowledgeable of new laws, equipment, and developments in law enforcement
- Is in charge of firing range and ensures each officer knows how to handle and qualifies with their assigned weapon(s)
- Insure the highest level of professionalism within the department is achieved by increasing the officer’s ability, knowledge and skills in all areas. This is to also include enabling the officer to act decisively and correctly in any and all situations they encounter.
- Provide consistent training throughout the department.
- Train the officers to serve the public in a consistent, efficient and professional manner.
- Establish lesson plans and instruct various training classes.
- Maintain records of those who attend various training and specialized schools.